El Camino Frances

El Camino Frances

07 June, 2011

Day 6

Hello! I currently am writing from a tiny, tiny town. I actually don´t even remember the name of it. We had quite a rough day today and hiked 28 km (I´ve given up trying to convert to miles) in the rain and mud. More than once Maddie and I made references to Vietnam and our fear of getting `Trench Foot` (thanks Dad for that!)
Tonight we are staying in the back quarters of a 14th century church. We are all making a communal dinner and rumor has it that the local priest will be joining us. It is pretty awesome (even though we are on the floor) and it reminds me of a small castle.

We have managed to get free lodging the past two nights at the Albergues reserved for hikers. We have also discovered that free lodging means cramped quarters with a lot of fellow pilgrams; this equals bunk beds and lots and lots of snoring. Last night`s hostel had approximately 140 beds. I felt a little like we were in a refugee camp. But that was probably because everyone set up camp in their bunks due to the rain. We`ve been meeting some really great people though! Lots of good stories, for sure!

Miss you all! Hope all is well and enjoy your nice warm beds tonight for us!
Emma

1 comment:

  1. Emma, I hope youre being nice to everyone! We all know how you can get. This sounds amazing, im so jealous. Hope everyone is doing well, tell Jennifer I said hello, and Maddie too I suppose.

    ReplyDelete