El Camino Frances

El Camino Frances

13 June, 2011

Day 12

Hello hello!

We are now on Day 12 and are in Fromista! We are almost half way there I think? Every map seems to say something different.  The plan is to be in Santiago de Compostella in 16 days and I think we might just be able to do it as long as our feet stay in one piece! Before I left, I read a blog that said, `It hurts too much to stop moving, so I just keep on going.` I didn`t understand what that felt like until now!

To answer a few questions:

Spanish Cusine:
Over it. Salty and greasy. In the towns we are in you cant order anything unless its on the Pilgrim`s Menu. The Pilgrim`s Menu and I have become enemies. I`m tired of getting some type of salad, a slab of greasy meat, and then yogurt for dessert. Maddie and I are getting creative and trying to do our own cooking.

Nudity:
Everywhere. Thongs on old French men are in fashion. People are unabashed about being naked in a room of 50 plus people. When I mentioned how I thought that was weird to our European friend, he just made fun of Maddie and me (and all Americans) for being such prudes about nudiness.

Feet:
Ouch. (Mom, all those bandaids - we are out. We had to buy new ones today.)

Pictures:
Click on the photos on the left. It will take you to the album!

Hope all is well back home!

3 comments:

  1. Love getting these updates! Maybe you can make friends with a family along the way who will fix you up a delicious non-greasy dinner? Keep on trekking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such an incredible trip already! Can't wait to hear more!

    much love,
    Catharine

    ReplyDelete